Inspirational Writing Tips
A section in today’s ‘From Writing with Love Newsletter’ by Avril Joy reminded me of the exercise I facilitated during last Wednesday’s workshop for Richmond Writers.
I arranged about 100 inspirational writing tips in a bowl. Members of the group were invited to select one of these tips, which had been folded into the shape of a flower petal, to open it out and share it with the rest of the group.
Today I have selected 12 tips from the set which I hope will inspire you to keep on writing:
* Create a scrapbook of your novel
* Do something to take you nearer to your goal
* Take your writing to the next level
* Pick a time and place to write
* Words change lives
* Begin by deciding the shape and size of your book
* Just write
* Read critically
* Write down your ideas, thoughts, observations
* Mine your life
* Believe in yourself, you can do it!
* Write what you want to read.
These are just some of the many writing tips and inspirational quotes I have collected from writers over the years.
For more ideas on how to collect and be creative with writing tips and to sign up to Avril’s newsletter see: http://www.avriljoy.com
From → Creative Writing